Forest School Lessons
At Charsfield Primary School, we are thrilled to be able to offer Forest School lessons as part of our curriculum offer.
The Forest School ethos
Forest School is an inspirational process that offers all learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
The Forest School Association https://www.forestschoolassociation.org/what-is-forest-school/
Our Forest School
Our setting is blessed with a beautiful and varied outside area with many trees. It is an ideal space for the children to learn and develop their skills through play and experiences that cannot be given in the class room or on the sports field. We will use our, ever improving, nature area to enhance the children knowledge of wildlife, real life tool use, problem solving and cooperation by offering activities such as den building, managing their nature area, creating new craft projects and adventurous play. While allowing them the opportunity to play freely and have an input into the program so that it may be designed that they get the most out of it. Enabling them to grow in confidence, self esteem and resilience as well as knowledge.
The School Vision Statement
Our aim is to develop happy, young people with enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, respect for themselves, others and the environment. We readily work together in partnership with each other, with home and the wider community – learning and flourishing through Christian values.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To give every child the chance to join in Forest School activities
- Allow them time to explore, discover and play at their own pace and in their own way
- The learning will be child led and initiated where appropriate
- Allow children to take appropriate risk and challenge
- Develop a positive experience and understanding of their natural world
- Run the sessions regularly over at least a 12 week period
- Use Forest Schools to uphold and develop our school vision statement
Click on Our Nature Journey on the right to see more photos and information about what we get up to in Forest School lessons.